What? A soprano ukulele? Yes, and with nylon strings no less!
Time to branch out a bit from exclusively steel strings on concert scale ukuleles.
Tindeco oval was aching to be an instrument but it’s size kept me away. After the requests and suggestions that I use nylon strings for a more familiar feel, I figured a li’l sorpano uke with nylon strings would fit this tin nicely. Some day soon I’ll turn out a baritone ukulele too. Meanwhile, some specs for flying iris…
- tin: 215 x 145 x 45 mm, 8 1/2 x 5 5/8 x 1 3/4 in.
- scale length: 330 mm, 12 3/4 in.
- head to tail: 510 mm, 20 in.
- G .020, C .032, E .030, A .022 Nylon
- maple neck
- teak fret board
- sterling fork string anchor
- silk neck tie strap